In the last thirty days:
- We sent two wonderful goats to wonderful homes. One in Arkansas and one about 1/2 an hour away.
- We doubled our chicken flock.
- We scooped lots of Rabbit "stuff".
- We picked a peck of un-pickled peppers (twice). Plus, we picked more than a peck of tomatoes more than once.
- We bred three of five does slated for breeding and denied two "teen-age" does the "opportunity" (We firmly believe that, as late as our kids are born, we have much better growth (and thus future health) if we postpone breeding until the doe is in her second season).
- We doctored a buck who decided to smash his head on a gate until his scur fell off and he was bleeding profusely. After which, to show his immense gratitude for our professional doctoring, he immediately began smashing his head upon the gate until his scur broke some more and he was breeding profusely. Not our best night.
- Best of all - we took about five gallons of honey off of our hives and left (hopefully) about fifteen gallons of honey to sustain the bees through the winter or (better yet) be harvested next spring.
- Oh, yeah, and we caught up on school, updating this blog and doing the accounting for Dh's print and promotional business. Is there anything I missed?
Yep. A busy five weeks. Gotta love life on the farm.